Friday, April 1, 2011

Weekend Wanderer

A big week here @ The Hedge is ending - THANK GOODNESS! We closed off FY10 yesterday at work & I for one am mighty glad to see the back end of it. I start FY11 today with a whopping increase in my sales targets, so it looks like the 24 hours a day I currently work, will need to be doubled to even give this fanciful target a nudge. Lots of lovely social things on this weekend, & a mad panic to find something to wear to a dinner in Sydney next week. A dash up the Freeway in the Millie-mobile to the see the ever-so-patient girls at Balhannah By Design is in order & hopefully I can come home with one of Ilse Jacobsen's pretties in a BBD bag.

Although it's time for BBD to tempt us with their annual range of Ilse's awesome wellies -gorgeous huh! One day Millie, one day.

While I'm over @ Balhannah, MOTH will be toiling away in the trenches - the dramatic dodgy downpipe story continues. Photos will not be forthcoming, I can't even bear to look out the windows to the shocking current scene in the courtyard. However, I noticed that a whole heap of gravel had been delivered yesterday, & he has promised me that he'll be starting to backfill all the trenches this weekend & he may even be able to start on replacing all the paving that's been uncerermoniously ripped up in this whole process. I reckon there's a Cooper's or three in it for you mate if I see pavers down by Sunday night.

Thank you to Rachel over at raenovate. Her feature renovation story today is yes, you guessed it US! We are in very snazzy company & Rachel had some really kind words to say about what happens behind The Hedge. Do swing over & say hi to Rachel here, her fabulous blog is full of wonderful Before's & After's & great ideas. It's the weekend, so go enjoy!
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. and somewhere in between all that work a trip to the Amalfi will be required.... I am sure there will be something spectacular with your name on it at BBD. Enjoy your weekend! Axx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the shopping trip and spend big! Hope the thought of a few Coopers is enough to motivate MOTH.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wellies are my shoes du jour, but nothing as lovely as those! Gravel arriving here this weekend too and I will be on the end of the shovel... may need tending to by a back surgeon on monday. Will pop over to Rachel's... enjoy your weekend... Georgie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun shopping trip that will be!

    I've been wondering what was happening in your courtyard! Oh dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun Millie :)

    And enjoy your weekend.

    B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Millie you crack me up with your wonderful descriptions and humour!

    Have a wonderful weekend. I am off to the Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show on the weekend ~ can't wait ~ and I will teleport some inspiration MOTH's way for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go and shop until you drop Millie. I seem to remember you saying you'd never achieve this years targets last year, and just look...!! End of FY for us this week too. I'm so pleased the stocktaking is done and dusted!
    Yay for the weekend.
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Millie, I just can't come at the white wellies. They were the footwear of choice for my obstetrician, and after 3 babies, no just wrong for daywear.. Please feel free for yourself though. Happy shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for the shout-out millie, it was a pleasure writing about your amazing home's transformation! have the loveliest of weekends!

    ReplyDelete

And none will hear the postman's knock
Without a quickening of the heart.
For who can bear to feel himself forgotten?
~W.H. Auden

Related Posts with Thumbnails