Friday, July 9, 2010

Grains Of Sand

Sadly the only grains of sand I'll be seeing this weekend will be whirling all around the Bat Cave as I start sanding all the woodwork by hand - cough, cough, splutter, splutter.

For those of you who may be lucky enough to be experiencing the real stuff at the moment on a glorious beach somewhere, good luck to you!


I'm jumping up & down today as for the first time ever, I'm the current Leader on the Footy Tipping Ladder at work - yay!!! Fed up with languishing at the bottom of the Ladder most years, at the beginnning of this Footy Season I decided to really lift my game (all puns intended!). So come Friday morning I get out all the game stats, study the form & using a serious, analytical approach I do my tips. And it's working!

I just had to do a screen save of what our Comp. Leader Board looked like this morning - as it may be the first & last time this ever happens! All the guys at work who live & die by where they're placed on the Ladder have been unusually quiet this week after seeing cute little Koala2 in 1st place. I hope your weekend is free of dirt, grime & choking fine sanding dust.

7 comments:

  1. Good luck with all that sanding Millie (which to me is as bad as fingernails down a blackboard - can't stand it!) I just offered my 16yo son money to sand all our interior doors, $10 bucks a door which is a flippin' good hourly rate. I'm only $20 out of pocket so far. I think the novelty has worn off already.
    Well done with your footy tipping. Enjoy the moment!
    Angex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Millie,

    Hope you have a great weekend anyway!! After it is done, it will be worth it. I am dragging my feet here but the image yesterday of that beautiful baby boy is completely gorgeous!! Makes me clucky again....wouldn't you just love to kiss those chubby cheeks to death!!! Footy tipping, last year was our first year, my brother and wife run one and they do a great job...last year we won it (beginners luck, not sure??). This year has been harder to judge. Goodluck anyway, hope you win.

    Take care
    Janine
    XXOO
    N.W. Coast Tassie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go Mills! Just tip Port to lose every week and Saints to win every week and you'll be right...Good luck with the sanding..nasty job..I sanded some timber windows recently..hopefully never again! Have a great weekend..Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I share the same feelings about sanding as Ange does. Eebie Geebies just thinking about it. I will think of you sanding the base boards as I scrape the stick-on tiles off our bathroom floor this weekend. I love the first image, not so much the second and a little clueless about the third, sorry. I know that Footy is a sport in Australia and that is about it. Wishing you and MOTH a wonderful weekend. Love, Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Millie,

    I hope that the sanding is going well, I will be thinking of you as I am doing the same thing... cough cough! or should be getting back to working on the lounge, instead of on the computer.
    Good for you with your winning streak, I hope it continues.

    Have a great weekend
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmm, I agree, a beach looks far more inviting than sanding wood. But the results will probably be better?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thoughts on sanding woodwork. I had a victorian house with gorgeous chestnut woodwork. Of course all of it was painted with several layers. And of course that just would not do. I took on the job of stripping the woodwork in all of the upstairs. Using a heat gun and scraping tools and dental tools and sandpaper, I found success in 3 rooms and the entire hallway. I actually enjoyed the process, seeing the beauty of the wood coming to life. However my hands and fingers suffered. And I am guessing some minor residual effects of possible lead paint. (Something I should have thought of before begining) But, it did bring me joy. Sadly I no longer live in that house and the next owners were not as loving to the charm it offered.
    I would do it all again in a hearbeat. But, more cautiously. Heh!

    Rebecca
    Simply Rebecca Studios

    ReplyDelete

And none will hear the postman's knock
Without a quickening of the heart.
For who can bear to feel himself forgotten?
~W.H. Auden

Related Posts with Thumbnails